The German Language School in Kitchener is the largest Saturday German School in Canada.
The school is a part of the Waterloo Region District School Board and its curriculum adheres to the curriculum of the Ministry of Education of Ontario.
Classes take place at:
Grand River Collegiate Institute
- From the 401 take Highway 8 towards downtown Kitchener
- From there take the Conestoga Parkway, Hwy 7 to Waterloo – stay in the right lane
- The first exit is Ottawa North – turn right and drive up Ottawa crossing River Rd.
- Turn left on Montcalm Drive, the second street after River Rd.
- Turn right onto Indian Rd
- Grand River Collegiate Institute in located on Indian Rd
The WRDSB German Language School follows the International Languages Elementary Program and the International Languages Secondary Credit Curricula from the Ministry of Education Ontario. Instruction at all levels from Junior Kindergarten to Adults are offered. Everybody who is interested can enrol.
Currently many grade levels (except JK and SK) have two separate streams. Generally, the German stream is for students who have a working knowledge of the German language and speak it at home. The English stream is usually for those who do not use the German language at home.